[VIDEO] Man rescues dog trapped in house on fire: ‘jumped into my arms’

A fire has engulfed the Stump family’s home in Pennsylvania (USA), leaving the dog Charlie stranded in flames and smoke. To make matters worse, her parents weren’t home, which made rescuing her even more complicated.

publicity celebrity

Continue reading below

In a video posted on social media, the dog was seen jumping out of a second-floor window to escape the fire. Fall into the arms of the neighbor who welcomed him.

Charlie is a mix of Rottweiler and Pit Bull breeds, having been domesticated as a puppy. Thanks to the quick action of Justin Steinmetz, 40, he is safe and unharmed.

Photo: Playback / Facebook: FleetwoodFireCompany

Speaking to a local TV station, Justin explained that he was driving to work on the morning of April 27 when he saw smoke rising over a house in the Fleetwood neighborhood.

publicity celebrity

Continue reading below

The American said it “didn’t look like a normal amount of smoke,” so he decided to turn his car around and check where it was coming from. That’s when I set the house on fire.

Justin immediately knocked on the doors to alert his owners, but it soon became apparent that the occupants of the house, the Stomp family, weren’t home.

Then he knocked on the neighbors’ doors to warn them of the fire because he did not have his phone at that time. They called 911 as Justin tried to put out parts of the fire with a garden hose until firefighters got to the scene.

Meanwhile, Charlie stayed at the window waiting for help.

A man rescues a dog trapped in a house on fire
Photo: Playback / Facebook: FleetwoodFireCompany

publicity celebrity

Continue reading below

“Just before 8 a.m. on April 27, the Department, along with the Blandon and Walnuttown Fire Departments, received an initial warning of a structural fire in the neighborhood,” Fleetwood Fire Department wrote in a report posted on its official Facebook page.

With no time to waste, Justin decides to save the dog on his own. “He was so sad, he was barking and he was running around the house trying to escape,” he recalls.

“Oh, little dog, come here my friend,” the boy said in a video posted online, trying to reassure the animal. “Come here, come here – I know, your house is burning, but it will be fine. No need to cry…“.

At that moment, Charlie decided to jump, and fell right into Justin’s arms!

publicity celebrity

Continue reading below

A man rescues a dog trapped in a house on fire
Photo: Playback / Facebook: FleetwoodFireCompany

While waiting for the firefighters to arrive, a crowd gathered in the street and celebrated the rescue of the dog, which is fine, without serious injuries, and ready to be handed over to its owners.

One of the neighbors said while he was fondling him: “He was a good boy.”

After the rescue, Charlie was taken to a veterinary hospital and given a healing ointment to treat some minor burns to his fur.

A man rescues a dog trapped in a house on fire
Photo: Playback / Facebook: FleetwoodFireCompany

Shortly thereafter, firefighters arrived at the burning house and were able to contain the fire despite the strong winds that afternoon.

Unfortunately, much of the house was destroyed.

The Stump family is currently residing with relatives. His friends set up a crowdfunding fund for them, which has raised $49,000 as of this writing. Soon, they must buy a new home and move in with Charlie!

Kitty’s description reads: “Our hearts are broken for the Stump family.” “We are very grateful that they are all doing well, but we are painfully aware that their lives will be greatly affected as a result of the devastating fire in their home today.”

[VIDEO]    Man rescues dog trapped in house on fire: 'jumped into my arms' 3
Photo: Playback / Facebook: FleetwoodFireCompany

Katie and her sister Abby lost their prom dresses in the fire. Fortunately, clothing store Le Femme Boutique in nearby Allentown has gifted new dresses with the help of a family friend.

Jane Heimbecker, the store’s owner, heard about the fire on the news, and called the family as soon as her store opened.

Firefighters have not yet determined what caused the fire to start, but it appears it was an electrical source and accidental.

Learn more by watching the video below:

Source: The New York Post
Cover photo: Playback / Facebook: FleetwoodFireCompany

Do you want to see your agenda on the grounds? Click here and contribute to the biggest good news site in Brazil.

Leave a Comment